October 20, 2008

Visual Studio Themes

This may be old news to a lot of people but my boss and I played for a little bit on Visual Studio Themes. So, when I got home from work today, I spent a little bit of time looking for the right theme. So far, I really like this one and it works for both VS 2005 and VS 2008. It is from Rob Conery. Also check out Tomas Restrepo's Themes.

To install the themes, all you have to do is run Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 ( you do not need to open a project to do this ):
1. Go to Tools menu and select Import and Export Settings.
2. Select Import selected environment settings.
3. Select Yes, save my current settings. Choose to back up your current settings. This will help if you decide to go back to the original theme or something goes wrong with the one you are trying to apply.
4. Find the *.vssettings file you want to import and select it. Select the settings to import.
5. Now you are done. You can open up your project / solution and enjoy.

No comments: